Donnerstag, 26. November 2015

Audio Session with Paula

Last wednesday Cassie, Sophie, Kayleigh, Alex and I had an audio session with Paula.
Personally for me it was really helpful because I honestly need to say that I was a bit confused by reading the "Reader 3 - Networked Professional". I think the problem was that in the "Reader" there are so many facts and information and sometimes also words that I did not understand.

I made a journal entry from this session with Paula, and I thought I will share it with you. I have created a mind map and I think it covers nearly everything we have talked about in this session. (I hope you can read it!)




My favourite question from this "Reader" is:

Why is affiliation, friendship and love so important for us?

Because we are social creatures, human beings and we love to spend time with other people -> to swap information, to interact with each other.

In the article from Crisp, Richard J. & Turner and Rhiannon it says "Teenagers were happier and more excited when in the company of others than alone. A lack of affiliation may have a negative impact." = helps us to survive!

"If we have too little contact, we feel isolated and if we have too much contact, we feel crowded."


2 Kommentare:

  1. Hi Lindaa,
    I really enjoy beginning every task with a mind map as it really helps me see exactly what I want to write about and I do. It miss any points off. I have wrote some journal entries like this... Do you find this technique the most effective or what other formats do you think are good to set out your thoughts? I am always looking for new ideas that will help my reflective process.

    With regards to Reader 3, I enjoyed Crisp and Turners article, yet I felt it only laid over things I already knew... Have you always been drawn to people who share interests with you? Is that not basic instinct, rather than a networking tool? I'm still unsure how I lie with this, what are your thoughts?
    Good luck with the rest of the module
    Ami

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Thanks Linda - affiliation is certainly an idea that could use more consideration - a basic need - but how how does affiliation work in situations and social situations - you cannot choose the people you work with - Anthony just talked about this is his work as a performer - might be worth your looking at his blog. Like the way you are making connections - have you visited Ami's blog? I just found this youtube video the other day about mind maps and the guy who is cited as having invented the modern ones! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlabrWv25qQ

    AntwortenLöschen