Dienstag, 13. Oktober 2015

Task 1b: Professional communication technologies


This is a very good quote from Erik Qualman to start with.
Nowadays I think we need to be very careful what we "post", "share" or "put" into the world wide web because it stays in there and if we post negative things about other people it is very easy to get into troubles.
I have learned from my mistakes; I think it was about 5 or 6 years ago when I first registered on facebook. It was all very new to me and I kind of wanted some attention, so I posted nearly everything I did. Big mistake!! When I now read back, I'm a bit embarrassed about myself. Was I so naive?
However, on the other hand I think I was still very young and I shouldn't have been on facebook that early. But when you see the 'kids' nowadays what they post, it's kind of what I did a few years ago.


Web 2.0 ... I had never heard of it before until I read through the "Reader 1" handbook.

It basically means that Web 2.0 is a more modern format which allows users to interact and collaborate with each other.
Most common websites nowadays are Facebook, Twitter, Google or online blogs.


I've made two mind maps about "Social Media". One map is about the positive things and the other one is about the negative things.

That's my positive one:



And that's the negative one:



If you have things to add you are more than welcome to leave a comment :)


What I would like to add to "Social Media" is, especially from my professional point of view, I think that I couldn't even get a job without the internet. I have two professional apps on my phone, which are called "Stage Jobs" and "StagePool" and I wouldn't even know what auditions are on without those apps. I am more than thankful to have them.
Or for example in Facebook, i have joined a group called "The Hustle", where people/choreographers/directors write information about different auditions or job possibilities.

My conclusion is that I think social media nowadays is so important, whether to find a job, stay in contact with someone or research anything you need.
However, on the other hand you need to be very careful what information you put into the world wide web because it will probably stay in there forever.

But I am very pleased that social media/internet has developed itself how it is now.


1 Kommentar:

  1. Linda - a bit hard to read the mandamus - but good simple starting points for discussion! - positive - learning in your pace of work (distance) but also local in your situation - so the distance is somewhat different than classic 'distance learning ' - yes the 'addiction' you had on the negative sheet is an issue that is a part of social media - how many hours on the screen but what progress has been made? hours and hours - but is it just a carousel ride?

    AntwortenLöschen